Hope you are all ready for the most memorable race of your lifetime. De Rusters are looking forward to accommodate and host all the visitors. The number of days left before the 23rd Meiringspoort 21.1km & 10km. Are you ready?
As you can recall, we had a competition running on the fb-page. "Live Life ...Run" is Meiringspoort 21.1km & 10km's slogan. The winner of the slogan competition is Markus Fourie. Congratulations!! You will receive your prizes soon. Thank you for everyone who participated.
REGISTRATION & RACE NUMBER COLLECTION
- Friday 16 October at NG Church grounds, De Rust, 13:00 to 21:00
- Saturday 17 October at NG Church grounds, De Rust, 05:00 to 05:30
- No entries will be received & no changes will be made on Friday and Saturday morning
- First 600 people to collect their race packs will receive a goody bag
- Shirts should be collected before Saturday at 10:30
SUBS: ONLY ON FRIDAY 16 OCT 2014
- The event organisers will be doing subs only on Friday, 16 Oct 2015, 14:00 - 21:00 at NG Church Hall, De Rust, during registration
- Cost is R200 per entry (cash only)
- Athlete still needs to pay temp license fee (if applicable) (cash only)
- Athlete still needs to pay entry fee (cash only)
- No upgrade or downgrade
- Scenario/Process explained below
- Athletes to communicate directly with each other
- Event organisers will not get involved to search for available entries
- Contact ASWD: Karla or Des / email@example.com / Tel: 044 873 0023
Person A entered for e.g. 10km but cannot participate anymore
Person B did not enter, but can participate (looking for an entry e.g. 10km)
Person A make his/her entry available to Person B (contact each other themselves)
Person A to provide Person B, a signed declaration letter (fax or email), including the following info:
- Person A declare personal info (name, surname, contact tel number, email address)
- Person A declare that he/she makes his/her entry available to Person B
- Confirm ID Numbers of Person A & Person B
Person B should present declaration letter (fax or email) with registration
Event organisers will capture Person B's info on system
Event organisers will issue temporary license number (if applicable)
- Transport departs 04:45 to 05:45 from assembly points
- Last transport departs promptly at 05:45 from assembly points Coffee, tea & rusks will be served at Starting Points for free
- NO private vehicles or bicycles will be allowed on the route
- The event will start when ALL private vehicles have left the Starting Point
- NO strollers, bicycles, i-Pods, wheelchairs, alcohol and animals are allowed
- NO seconding and advertising will be allowed
- Remember to order/bring fleecy blanket
- Since we are running through the Poort, everyone's co-operation is important
- Be on time!!
- Start: 07:00 in Meiringspoort
- Finish: NG Church Hall, De Rust
- Ablution: Start and Finish
- Medals: Medals to all finishers who complete the race within the cut-off time (Gold, Silver & Bronze)
- First Aid: Along the route & at Finish
- NG Church Grounds in marquise tent, De Rust at 11h00
- Athletes are responsible for collecting their own prize money or making an alternative arrangement with the Event Organiser
- Lucky draws will be handed out
- Lucky draw for Glendine painting will be done by the artist, herself
Temporary results will be available in the Old Church Hall, at the Koffie Shop. Final results will be available on www.aswd.co.za on Sunday, 18 October 2015 at 12:00.
There will be Wi-Fi available at the 23rd Meiringspoort 21.1km & 10km. Thus you can post, share & tweet as you wish - free. A huge thank you to South Cape Wireless & team. Contact Chris De Wit (084 721 7549) & Hugo (073 459 3480) for more detail on services & products available at South Cape Wireless. Or visit www.scwireless.co.za
- Like last year, the photography during the race will be provided by Grand Street Studios.
- Photos will be taken from all the athletes.
- When you collect your race number, you will also receive a flyer with all the instructions & other information (in the envelope).
- Photos will be taken on various points throughout the race and at the finish to ensure a variety of photos.
- There will also be a Photo Booth at the tent for group photo’s
- Further information regarding the ordering process, pricing & all other information will be available in the form of electronic communication before / after the event and on the following link www.grandstreetstudios.co.za
- Final photos will be viewable on www.grandstreetstudios.co.za on Monday 19 October @ 13:00.
- If you wish to enquire about the photos taken during the event or have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us on
Online entry process / registration / subs / time chip:
Karla or Des / firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 044 873 0023 / (08:00 - 13:00 / 14:00 - 16:00)
All race, transport, facility related queries:
email@example.com / 076 130 7920 / (office hours only)
HELD UNDER THE RULES OF ASA AND ASWD